[doap-interest] doap:file-release and cross-platform software

karsten schmidt toxi at toxi.co.uk
Fri Aug 18 11:16:34 UTC 2006

Hi,

am trying to get my head around how to best use the new file-release
property for a project which has 3 different alternatives for each
release: Windows, OSX and Linux.

The only usage example of this property I could find is the O'Reilly
example, alas this only refers to a platform independent .jar, not 3
different binaries:

<doap:release>
 <doap:Version>
   <doap:revision>0.1.0</doap:revision>
   <doap:created>2005-07-11</doap:created>
   <doap:file-release
rdf:resource="http://www.codezoo.com/crawler/crawler-0.1.0.jar"/>
 </doap:Version>
</doap:release>

How can express that there're multiple file releases for each version,
point to the binary files and specify the target OS for each file? Is
this at all possible with DOAP?

Thanks for any answers!

Best, K.
--