[doap-interest] DOAP validator?

Danny Ayers danny.ayers at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 08:47:42 BST 2007

On 02/08/07, Rob Cakebread <gentoodev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm about to release some DOAP software and would like to know if it
> produces valid DOAP.
>
> Does anyone have a tool or know of an online site for DOAP validation?

Running the material through the W3C RDF Validator should catch most errors -

http://www.w3.org/RDF/Validator/

> I found Ed Dumbill's RELAX NG schema[1] for DOAP, but I haven't
> figured out if or how I can validate a DOAP record with it.

> [1] http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-osproj4/

I've not tried the DOAP schema in it, but can vouch for emacs with
nxml-mode as a great tool for editing XML source.

There's also Eyeball, which out of the box will spot things like bad
URIs, but can be customised/extended (not sure how).

http://jena.sourceforge.net/Eyeball/

Cheers,
Danny.

--