[doap-interest] Non-software project RDF ontology/schema

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Sep 28 09:44:51 BST 2007

Josef Petrák - KYBERIE <josef.petrak at kyberie.cz> wrote:

Really?

> I am working on RDF-based community page. First I defined one concept for
> "Project" which suited all needs. But now I need to distinguish between
> software project and an academic project (like network of excellence,
> exchanges, etc.) Does anyone know RDF schema / ontology which describes this
> area?

Perhaps one is dc:type Software and the other is dc:type Service?
See http://dublincore.org/documents/dces/
I could be horribly wrong about this, though.

> I think, doap:Project cannot describe both these concepts.

doap is better for descrbing software projects than anything else.
You may find you are using more dc and foaf than doap for other
projects.
FOAF is http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/
or http://www.foaf-project.org/

Hope that helps,