[gnome-bluetooth] phonemgr - sending message leaves t610 unable to send anymore.

garrick at intology.com.au garrick at intology.com.au
Fri Aug 8 14:11:34 BST 2003

Just a follow up on what I've found out since my previous message.
Basically I tried out xgsm. By preconfiguring an rfcomm device I found
that I could use it to send sms messages with my mobile phone. I
connected to a serial port on channel 4 to do this (on bluetooth). I
then looked at phonemgr, it's connecting to channel 1. Channel 1 is the
dial-up networking service. I guess my simple question here would be
should phonemgr be attempting to connect to the dial-up networking
service.
I also looked at the code and both programs use the same backend
library. The only major difference I've found is the difference in the
bluetooth being connected to. I'll attempt to setup a connection to the
serial port and see if I can successfully use phonemgr then. Should have
a report for you guys soon.

--
-------------
Garrick Welsh

   Remember Knuth: "premature optimization is the root of all evil."

Browsing 00:0A:D9:55:93:0B ...
Service Name: Dial-up Networking
Service RecHandle: 0x10000
Service Class ID List: