[gnome-bluetooth] gnome-obex-server won't start up for me

Roy M. Silvernail roy at rant-central.com
Mon Dec 15 02:30:20 GMT 2003

all I get when I try to start gnome-obex-server is

	Server register error! (Bluetooth) (-1)

I've done some source spelunking, but I'm new to bluetooth, so I'm of course a
bit confused.  'hcitool scan' finds my Sony Ericsson T610, and 'sdptool
browse' lists all sorts of services.  I paired the phone without problems,
and even Nautilus finds it in bluetooth:///, but I just can't get the OBEX
server to come up.  Clues appreciated.

Oh... Gentoo 1.4 and all the BlueZ stuff is the latest emerge has to offer.

TIA