[gnome-bluetooth] gnome-obex-server won't start up for me

Roy M. Silvernail roy at rant-central.com
Thu Dec 25 22:36:02 GMT 2003

On Monday 15 December 2003 10:20, Edd Dumbill wrote:
> Check your OBEX library had bluetooth support compiled in.

mesmer lib $ strings libopenobex-1.0.so.1.0.0|grep -i btobex
BtOBEX_ServerRegister
btobex_prepare_listen
BtOBEX_TransportConnect
btobex_prepare_connect
btobex_accept
btobex_connect_request
btobex_disconnect_request
btobex_listen
btobex_disconnect_server

Looks like it

> Also check you have rfcomm support working.

mesmer roy # hcitool scan
Scanning ...
        00:0A:D9:7B:3E:F7       Domino
mesmer roy # rfcomm bind 0 00:0A:D9:7B:3E:F7
mesmer roy # rfcomm show 0
rfcomm0: 00:0A:D9:7B:3E:F7 channel 1 clean

Once again, looks like it.  If I 'cat /dev/rfcomm0', my phone shows busy on
the bluetooth icon.

I'm sure I missed something really basic.