[gnome-bluetooth] Today's work

Edd Dumbill edd at usefulinc.com
Sat Nov 1 19:05:37 GMT 2003

Well, thanks to Marcel's pointers I've made discovery and name-retrieval
to be asynchronous, and integrated them with the event loop.  This gets
round most of the UI responsiveness problems.

I'm tending to think that SDP browsing can be left until the user
actually needs to connect, so we can avoid doing this rather boringly
blocking operation in the course of normal operation.

The chooser widget, now used by the OBEX sender, uses the async
discovery and is responsive - the user can move on even while inquiry is
in progress.

Both libbtctl and gnome-bluetooth have been updated today as a result of
this work.  I think we're nearing the time that we can make a point
release.

-- Edd