[gnome-bluetooth] phonemgr bluetooth problems

Edd Dumbill edd at usefulinc.com
Mon Nov 3 07:12:54 GMT 2003

What you can do however is to ensure neither the applet nor
gnome-bluetooth-control is running, then run them both in terminal
windows, add the applet to the panel, and see what stdout says. The
debugging info should be able to help me figure out what's going on

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 07:11, Edd Dumbill wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 23:19, ed at catmur.co.uk wrote:
> > I managed to install phonemgr 0.2.1 using Alastair Tse's ebuild and
> > patch.
> >
> > When I use the Bluetooth connection it detects my phone (a Nokia 7650)
> > but displays 'Phone Manager is unable to connect to your phone'; if I
> > try to send a text message it segfaults. However, rfcomm list displays:
> >
> > capella root # rfcomm list
> > rfcomm0: 00:08:1B:00:99:F2 -> 00:02:EE:67:F4:A8 channel 1 connected
> > [reuse-dlc release-on-hup tty-attached]
> >
> > and if I then point the applet at /dev/bluetooth/rfcomm/0 it works half
> > way (I can send messages but I don't get notified when they arrive)
>
> The sending-but-not-receiving is a known issue with 7650s,
> unfortunately.  I raised it on the gsmlib mailing list but with no real
> response.  You might want to try raising it there yourself.
>
> I'm a bit mystified about the other behaviour, however the changes I'm
> making to gnome-bluetooth right now will necessitate a reasonably
> comprehensive rewrite for phonemgr so I'm trying to limit the time I
> spend chasing bugs in the current version.
>
> -- Edd

Edd Dumbill -- more from me at http://usefulinc.com/edd/blog/
Managing Editor, XML.com, XMLhack.com; Chair, XML Europe 2003