[gnome-bluetooth] Sending from an Ericsson T610

Fredrik Skogberg fredrik at radiovast.kicks-ass.net
Tue Nov 11 22:58:03 GMT 2003

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, nosp wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 17:32, Fredrik Skogberg wrote:
> >  Hello List!
> >
> >  I've recently installed gnome-bluetooth in order to transfer pictures
> >  from my T610 to my Laptop. The pairing of the phone and the computer
> >  works without a hitch and I'm also able to send files to the phone from
> >  the computer. What does not work is sending files from the phone to the
> >  computer (which used to work on a previous install).
>
> I remember using sdptool as you mentioned, but then I tried pairing my
> phone with another fresh linux install and didn't use the sdptool
> command but the pairing worked fine.  So I don't think it's strictly
> necessary.  You have got it working once so I suspect the phone.  My
> phone didn't seem to like talking to two different computers, even
> though the bluetooth adapter was the same one :).

 It maybe the phone but, I can't see how (as I've restarted both
 phone and computer serveral times).

> So I suggest deleting the bluetooth device on the T610 and then
> re-adding it.  Once I also had to restart the gnome-obex-server process
> on the comp as well.

 I tried that, but unfortunately the result is still the same.
 Something else I find peculiar is that the connection phase takes
 up to 3-4 seconds before failing. If I remember correctly it used to
 connect almost instantly before (or fail instantly before I got it
 working the last time :)

Sincerely,
Fredrik Skogberg