[gnome-bluetooth] Server register error! (Bluetooth) (-94)

Edd Dumbill edd at usefulinc.com
Tue Sep 9 09:56:06 BST 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 08:51, Fredrik Noring wrote:
> tis 2003-09-09 klockan 09.25 skrev Edd Dumbill:
> > Try doing a new scan from the admin tool before connecting.
>
> Is it possible to remove devices from the admin tool list? (It once
> somehow found the device "00:00:00:00:00:00" which obviously is a bit
> funny.)

There will be soon.  For now, you can use

gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /system/bluetooth

and do a scan again.

Unfortunately BlueZ does occasionally appear to discover weird things.
I guess the GNOME tools need to ignore spurious results like this.
Likewise sometimes a device's name isn't found and you get it called
"n/a".

-- Edd