[gnome-bluetooth] libbtctl changes

Edd Dumbill edd at usefulinc.com
Thu Sep 25 18:50:24 BST 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 17:40, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 22:50, Edd Dumbill wrote:
> > I checked in changes to libbtctl tonight that do a brute-force inquiry
> > on common service types when browsing the public browse group fails.
> > This should fix service discovery for PalmOS devices I believe.
> >
> > Daring users should checkout libbtctl from GNOME CVS (see
> > http://developer.gnome.org/tools/cvs.html).  Remember to specify your
> > GNOME prefix and sysconfdir to autogen.sh and also to --enable-shared.
>
> Python bindings attached. Can I commit?

I was pondering bindings the other day, this is cool.

The Makefile.am stuff hardwires python2.2.  Can't you use AM_PATH_PYTHON
in configure.in, then build the right path with PYTHON_PREFIX and
PYTHON_VERSION ?

Can you also add a changelog entry?  Thanks.

Incidentally the admin tool I'm about to check in uses Python, but it
uses the bonobo object instead of hitting libbtctl direct.

-- Edd