[gnome-bluetooth] File size limit and nokia 6230

Edd Dumbill edd at usefulinc.com
Fri Aug 13 09:10:02 BST 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 09:04 +0100, Raphael Clifford wrote:

> Some research has shown that in Windows using pcsuite you can in fact
> see the different menus and locations on the phone from the PC and a
> simple drag and drop to the "Memory Card" icon solves the problem.
> No
> adjustment is needed on the phone to achieve this.  Also there is a
> tool
> called obexftp/obextool for linux that has just implemented this
> functionality for the Nokia 6230 apparently but is seriously bleeding
> edge (i,e. you have to patch and pray).  Adding this functionality to
> gnome-bluetooth would be really really useful IMHO.

Obex FTP support is in the distant future, not near future, I'm afraid.
A lot of effort has gone into the obexftp commandline tool to get
compatibility right and if I started going that way it would just be an
endless time waste for me right now.

The best way to achieve this would be with a gnome-vfs module.  I think
that obexftp might have one of those.  If it does, then gnome-bluetooth
should do the necessary work to make it easy to open up said module from
Nautilus and other places.  volunteers?

-- Edd