[gnome-bluetooth] Edd's weblog entry on syncML sync

Matt Kay matt at sel.cam.ac.uk
Fri Aug 27 14:22:47 BST 2004

Thanks Tom for the reply about the OBEX send GUI, that works for me.

I was wondering if someone could clarify for me how to carry out the
following step in Edd's howto of getting a P800/P900 to do syncML over
bluetooth:

# Configure IP addresses and DNS properly. I have PC_ADDR=192.168.7.68
and P800_ADDR=192.168.7.1  and DNS_SERVER set to my local DNS server.
The DNS server should have an entry for the host wsockhost.mrouter which
is the same as PC_ADDR. If your DNS server isn't the same machine as
PC_ADDR be sure to put in a route so it can route back to the
192.168.7.0 network (or whichever network you choose.)

Specifically, do I have to have any special packages installed, and what
configuration file do I put these entries in? (In other words, could I
have it in words of one syllable? :-) )

The orignial webpage is here:

http://usefulinc.com/edd/blog/2003/10

Best wishes,
Matt (on-list)

--
Computing Technician        work 01223 765778
Faculty of English          mobile 07717 204242
University of Cambridge     matt at sel.cam.ac.uk