[gnome-bluetooth] What stuff in gnome-bluetooth does, and ideas for its future

Fred Schättgen gnome-bluetooth at schaettgen.de
Tue Feb 3 00:48:04 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 03 February 2004 01:01, Fredrik Noring wrote:
> > IMHO BlueZ currently gets things wrong by letting you set an all-time
> > PIN.  The PINs really ought to be one-time, retrieved dynamically at
> > pair time. Most phones work this way.
>
> What about the PIN helper in hcid?

I also don't understand rationale behind fixed pins. They are allowed for
devices with a very limited UI like headsets. But why on an PC? Is this
supposed to be more secure or easier to use?
At least you can still set security to "user" in hcid.conf.. or will this
option be gone in the future?!

greetings
Fred