[gnome-bluetooth] bluetooth applet for gnome

Joseph Pingenot trelane at digitasaru.net
Thu Feb 5 15:30:18 GMT 2004

>From Fredrik Noring on Thursday, 05 February, 2004:
>Hi Domenico
>tor 2004-02-05 klockan 16.03 skrev Domenico Fiori:
>> Hi all, I subscribed a few days ago to this ml, and I'm writing a
>> gnome2 applet that controls and/or configures bluetooth devices.
>> Is this a good idea  or is there another application that does
>> the same thing?
>I'm working on a similar project: http://noring.nocrew.org/bluetooth/
>When finished, this Gnome utility should at least be able to:
>   - Configure hci interfaces (enable/disable/set name etc.)
>   - Enable/disable discovery and pairing
>   - List/delete link (pairing) keys
>However, I've come to the conclusion that to make a proper utility with
>settings that work across reboots, hcid and other system services need
>to be updated. So that's what I'm currently working on.
>On the page mentioned above, there are patches for communicating with
>hcid using DBus. Perhaps you find this useful?

Actually, more useful would be integrating it into a configuration
  profiles setup.  Move to a different location, change the network
  profile to reflect the setup you need at that location.  That would
  give you the persistence you're looking for.
Unfortunately, I don't know of anyone who's doing this (conf profiles).
  Anyone?  I was gonna work on that parallel to my cpu governor.

-Joseph