[gnome-bluetooth] Documentation

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Sun Jan 11 08:21:42 GMT 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 23:24, Edd Dumbill wrote:
> No, it doesn't exist.  Sorry.
>
> On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 19:50, Denis Volkov wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I can`t find any documentation for gnome-bluetooth
> > (not say the README :) ). :(
> > Does it exist?
> >
> > Best regards!

I have been trying to install stuff on Red Hat 9 and I have to admit to
missing installation notes and in particular notes about why things have
to go in certain places.  I generally build stuff that is not provided
as RPMs to go in /usr/local using stow to manage things.  Generally this
works fine but I think for the nautilus plug-ins and things associated
with gnome-bluetooth this may not work because unlike ld there may be no
way of adding extra lookup directories for control files.

I guess I am missing the pointers to lead me to learn about how the
gnome-bluetooth stuff integrates into a running system and why the URI
bluetooth:/// doesn't work when I think everything is installed as it
should be.

As it happens I am running kernel 2.4.20-20 so from a note at the end of
the REDME file I think I am doomed to failure at present as you say
kernel 2.4.21 is required.

Thanks.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder         +44 20 7585 2200
London SW11 1EN, UK      russel at russel.org.uk