[gnome-bluetooth] Documentation

Edd Dumbill edd at usefulinc.com
Mon Jan 12 17:02:41 GMT 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 08:21 +0000, Russel Winder wrote:
> I have been trying to install stuff on Red Hat 9 and I have to admit to
> missing installation notes and in particular notes about why things have
> to go in certain places.  I generally build stuff that is not provided
> as RPMs to go in /usr/local using stow to manage things.  Generally this
> works fine but I think for the nautilus plug-ins and things associated
> with gnome-bluetooth this may not work because unlike ld there may be no
> way of adding extra lookup directories for control files.

The next release should get around some of the problems with
various directory dependencies, as we do away with the Bonobo server
for the controller.  I also hope we'll be able to ship RPMs as part of
the release.  I think there are one or two Fedora Core/RedHat using people
on this list who would do that for us.

-- Edd