[gnome-bluetooth] Documentation

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Mon Jan 12 17:31:59 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 17:26, Edd Dumbill wrote:

[ . . . ]

> > OBEX Object Push service registered
> > Server register error! (Bluetooth) (-94)
> >
> > Not entirely sure why this is.
>
> Your OBEX library doesn't have bluetooth support :(

I guess I just proved I am a complete newbie on this.  I am using Dag's
openobex binary RPM version 1.0.1.  Is bluetooth support something that
is a set of data files or is it something requiring programming?

> > Also my real problem is that I need to connect Evolution to my P900 over
> > bluetooth so I can sync my contacts and diary.  Multisync is not however
> > playing fair :-(
>
> Augh, tell me about it.  I'm very frustrated with the state of the
> SyncML in Multisync but don't have any spare time to do anything about
> it.
>
> SyncML's such a brain-damaged protocol that this requires quite a lot of
> time and love to get right.

Judging from my trawl using Google over the weekend, a lot of people
have hacked things around to get the USB cradle working but I don't
think that really gets me any further connecting Evolution to a phone
since SyncML is still the protocol required.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder         +44 20 7585 2200
London SW11 1EN, UK      russel at russel.org.uk