[gnome-bluetooth] Is this a known problem?

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Sat Jan 31 17:24:32 GMT 2004

I have installed libbtctl-0.3 and gnome-bluetooth-0.4.1 (binary RPMs
build by me on RedHat 9 from the RawHide source RPMs that I found via
FIndRPMs)

The basic gnome-bluetooth-admin seems to work fine -- certainly I get
the list of devices and services that I expect when I run a scan.

The Nautilus plugin however, when asked to display the URI bluetooth:///
appears to go into an infinite search / loop.  When the stop button is
pressed the expected device is displayed so it seems that the search per
se is fine but there is a termination issue.  Also when double clicking
the bluetooth device displayed in nautilus I get the message:

"unable to make a bluetooth connection"

I guess I am hoping that I am not the only person who sees this
behaviour.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder         +44 20 7585 2200
London SW11 1EN, UK      russel at russel.org.uk