[gnome-bluetooth] me/ta error?

Edd Dumbill edd at usefulinc.com
Mon Jul 12 12:07:49 BST 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 11:22 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 10:52 +0100, Edd Dumbill wrote:
> > On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 09:10 +0200, gabor farkas wrote:
> > > hi,
> > >
> > > sony ericsson p900
> >
> > The SE P900 does not support accessing SMS facilities via the modem AT
> > codes, sorry.  The P800 and P900 will not work with phone-manager.
>
> That would be the same problem as with the 6310i then. All this is
> probably only supported with the Nokia protocol. I guess that 1) the
> error should be hidden, 2) the connection to the phone not broken, and
> 3) the notification still appearing, even though it can't display the
> SMS, and a message saying "reading not supported" in the reading dialog
> box.

Yep, something like that would be great :)

As I've said before it needs to distinguish between critical and
noncritical errors, and not drop the connection on the latter.

Probably also ought to use the AT commands to get the manufacturer ID
from the phone and take action if it's a model we know isn't supported.

-- Edd