[gnome-bluetooth] latest from anon CVS

Matthew Booth matthew at revolutionwall.net
Mon Jun 7 13:42:16 BST 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 13:17, Cam wrote:
> Hi Edd, list
>
> I waited for the anon CVS to catch up and rebuilt. It did build smoothly
> this time in every respect.
>
> I plugged in my BT USB stick and started gnome-bluetooth-manager, tried
> to scan for devices and it stopped early on (progress bar at about 5%).
>
> strace shows the process is reading on FD 3 and getting EAGAIN constantly.
>
> Any ideas about debugging?

I have nothing gnome-bluetooth specific to suggest, but do:

ls -l /proc/<pid>/fd

and see what 3 links to. This will tell you specifically what it's
polling on. This might send you down a useful path :) If it's a pipe,
you might try looking for other processes. strace -f (aka dirty old man
- follow children) may also prove useful.

Matt