[gnome-bluetooth] bluetooth problems (bind AF_BLUETOOTH = No such device)

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Mon Jun 21 17:28:10 BST 2004

Hi

I'm having some trouble with bluetooth. I compiled and installed the
latest libbtctl, gnome-bluetooth and phonemgr from CVS. I am using a
recent kernel. Although the USB dongle I have previously used
successfully is still recognised, none of the apps seem to recognise the
device. eg. gnome-bluetooth-manager says it Could not find Bluetooth
devices on the system.

Any ideas?

-Cam

Linux freebie 2.6.6-1.435 #1 Mon Jun 14 09:09:07 EDT 2004 i686 i686 i386
GNU/Linux

hcid and sdpd are running (service bluetooth status)

I had to install libsigc++-devel and gsmlib-devel to compile successfully.

dmesg output showing modules being loaded:

usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using address 6
Bluetooth: Core ver 2.5
NET: Registered protocol family 31
Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
Bluetooth: L2CAP ver 2.2
Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
Bluetooth: RFCOMM ver 1.3
Bluetooth: RFCOMM socket layer initialized
Bluetooth: RFCOMM TTY layer initialized

strace of application trying to find devices:

[cxm at freebie X86]$ strace  -e trace=bind  -f gnome-bluetooth-manager
bind(3, {sa_family=AF_BLUETOOTH, sa_data="\0\0t\271\264\0\350MX\t\250
F\t"}, 4) = -1 ENODEV (No such device)

--
camilo at mesias.co.uk                                                 <--