[gnome-bluetooth] Installing Phone MGR on sarge

marco S marco at cluster-1.net
Mon Mar 8 19:12:11 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 16:34, fwed wrote:

> > Iadded the right source list to usefulinc.com ..
> >
> > but it keeps telling me:
> > FWED: /home/fwed#apt-get -f install phonemgr-applet
> > Reading Package Lists... Done
> > Building Dependency Tree... Done
> > Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
> > requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
> > distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
> > or been moved out of Incoming.
> > Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
> > the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> > that package should be filed.
> > The following information may help to resolve the situation:
> > phonemgr-applet: Depends: libbonobomm1.3-6 (>= 1.3.5-4) but 1.3.5-3 is to
> > be installed
> > Depends: liborbit2cpp6 but it is not installable
> > E: Broken packages
> >

> > any clue (my system is up to date , cant do better)
> >
> > Thanx to all
> >
> > fwed

I just installed phone-manager on my gnome sarge system - faced the same
problems you did ...
I installed all the packages phonemanager requires (check them by trying
to install the deb packet from usefulinc and install the newest versions
sarge has available )- then took the source and installed it(./configure
--prefix=/usr; make ; make install).
works fine now .
Be sure to do "./configure --prefix=/usr" cause on sarge your gnome
installation should be there.

good luck
	marco