[gnome-bluetooth] Some questions...

marco S marco at cluster-1.net
Tue Mar 9 12:08:20 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 09:28, Rashef wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I'm a new user of gnome-bluetooth! I managed to connect to my GPRS
> mobile phone via BT and I succeed! But now I've got some questions!
>
> 1) In gnome-bluetooth-admin I can scan the area looking for bt devices,
> but it seems there's no way to browse the device services! :-/

what you mean by browse the devices ?
afaik you can only "see" the devices in gnome-bluetooth-admin and under
"Device Serverices" you can see what services the device provides
at the moment you can not doubleklick on the dvice and sync or enable a
headset audio gateway or similar - it is for viewing purposes only ...
> 2) Even if I installed vfs support in gnome, I get nothing using
> nautilus at bluetooth:///!
this could have a bunch of reasons ...
you installed gnome-bluetooth via package management or by source ?
if it was installed by source , the vfs module is probably not in the
right path
> 3) I installed phonemgr, to manage my BT phone: I also installed all the
> needed libraries (lib***mm etc). But when I try to start the applet I
> get a Segmentation Fault. What could be the problem?
no idea without further information :)
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Mirko
Hope i could help a bit.