[gnome-bluetooth] Updates and status?

Fredrik Noring noring at nocrew.org
Wed May 5 16:27:24 BST 2004

Hi Robert

> Also, can anyone tell me if Fredrik's patches for bluez-utils have been
> incorporated into the latest official downloads?

The patches are not included yet, as far as I know. I think the issues
mainly are:

1. Marcel wasn't happy with the Dbus interface naming conventions
   and interface structure. I think it could be improved, but I'm not
   an expert on HCI interfaces etc. so any help here would be great.

2. Marcel prefers a binary database (Berkely DB) for configuration,
   link and name cache storage. I think plain text files are better in
   this case and this is also what is implemented with the patches.

Fredrik