[gnome-bluetooth] almost there

Michael Friis michaeldj97 at hotmail.com
Mon May 24 14:41:43 BST 2004

I'm trying to connect a laptop (running Gentoo Linux) using a bluetooth
USB-dongle and a SE Z600. I've got the dongle up and running and the devices
can see each other (from the laptop in gnome-bluetooth-admin). I can not,
however, drag files to the phone (through nautilus bluetooth:/// - it shows
up but "does not support recieving objects") nor can i make the phone
connect with the laptop (after I have typed in the pin it says "connection
failed"). gnome-obex-server is running (displaying "Ready for bluetooth file
transfers"). The obex library has bluetooth support:

sprinkle lib # strings libopenobex-1.0.so.1.0.0|grep -i btobex
BtOBEX_ServerRegister
btobex_prepare_listen
BtOBEX_TransportConnect
btobex_prepare_connect
btobex_accept
btobex_connect_request
btobex_disconnect_request
btobex_listen
btobex_disconnect_server
sprinkle lib #

I can scan for devices and stuff (and my phone shows up), however if I try
"sdptool browse <device addr>" no services are listed (likewise in
gnome-bluetooth-admin) and i get a timeout.

I can't do "cat /dev/rfcomm0" (like mentioned in this post:
http://lists.usefulinc.com/pipermail/gnome-bluetooth/2003-December/000239.html
)
- there is no such device.

Any clues?