[gnome-bluetooth] Nokia 6820 problems with gnome-obex-server

Diana Galletly dag1000 at eng.cam.ac.uk
Wed May 26 11:52:31 BST 2004

I note that in March of this year, Ilari Kontinen posted about what
seems to be a very similar problem to the one I am experiencing.

I am able to discover my phone, and to send files from my computer to
my phone, but cannot recover files from my phone to my computer.

Facts that may or may be relevant (probably not, since the majority of
this stuff is working fine): I am running Debian unstable on a G4
iBook (hence powerpc architecture: I mention this in case there could
_possibly_ be an endianness problem).

sdptool search OPUSH shows

Service Name: OBEX Object Push
Service RecHandle: 0x1008c
Service Class ID List:
  "OBEX Object Push" (0x1105)
Protocol Descriptor List:
  "L2CAP" (0x0100)
  "RFCOMM" (0x0003)
    Channel: 9
  "OBEX" (0x0008)
Language Base Attr List:
  code_ISO639: 0x656e
  encoding:    0x6a
  base_offset: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:
  "OBEX Object Push" (0x1105)
    Version: 0x0100

When I try to start gnome-obex-server it responds

OBEX Object Push service registered

and then does nothing more.  strace-ing it suggests that it gets into some
kind of gettimeofday() loop, but this may be a red herring.

I tried adding the fix suggested to Ilari into my /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf,
but there was no change in behaviour.

I _guess_ that there may be a problem that the Debian start-up script for
bluez-utils doesn't specify where the hcid.conf script is to be found, but
I fear that this is really grasping at straws ...

Any help would be appreciated; I'm banging my head against a brick wall
here ...

Thanks,

Diana.