[gnome-bluetooth] 'Send to Bluetooth' menu option missing if filetype not recognised

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Wed Aug 3 15:54:44 BST 2005

   On FC3 (Gnome 2.8) I've noticed that the 'Send to Bluetooth' menu option
for a file is missing (I think you see it briefly then it goes away!) when a
file is of an unrecognised type.

   In this case, *./sis is not recognised, which is a bit irritating as it
means I have to use obex_push to send apps. to my phone (and this only
sometimes works as it seems to fight with gnome-obex-server).

   Any work-arounds?  I'd be happy to add a fake MIME type for .sis, but I've
tried and failed (as Gnome 2.8 has made it particularly difficult).

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature