[gnome-bluetooth] Re: Siemens S65 - Success with Fedora Core 3!

Kolbjorn Bekkelund kobe at rocketrange.no
Sun Jan 16 20:27:59 PST 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-16 at 23:14 +0000, jim tyler wrote:
> Kolbjorn Bekkelund <kobe <at> rocketrange.no> writes:
>

> > Just to tell you that I'm sucessfully using my new Siemens S65 together
> > with my Dell Precision M60 and Fedora Core 3. A patched version of
> > gsmlib and gnome-phone-manager made the necessary changes to enable
> > compilation in Core 3. Thanks Ed!!
> >
> > Best regards
>
> Hi Kolbjorn
>
> I have tried for a long time to get Fedora Core 3 and S65 to work with bluetooth.
> I'm trying to sync evolution with my phone but I can't get it to work....
> What packages did you install?
>

> Jim

I used yum to install openobex (+ devel), bluez stuff (+devel), gob2,
libsigc++ (+ devel). After that I downloaded the latest gsmlib
(snapshot) and patched it using a tip I found out there. Also downloaded
the latest gnome-phone-manager and applied a second patch, also found on
the net after an extensive search... Finally I fetched the latest
snapshot of multisync 0.82, compiled multisync, irmcsync and
evolution2_sync.

I can mail you the patched source if you like.

After everything was properly installed I started bluetooth on my
laptop, paired it with the phone and I was ready. I had to delete all
old entries in the phone calendar before I could get it to work! You
also have to start a new addressbook in Evolution before this will work.

The only problem I've seen so far is that the phones addressbook is not
being updated with the entries from Evolution, but the ones in the phone
(manually entered) sync up with evolution nicely! The multisync log says
that all entries are synced ok, but as I say; Not from Evolution to the
phone when it comes to addresses. The calendar works fine, though! All
entries in the phone goes to Evolution and all the Evolution initiated
entries goes correctly into the phone. Alarms etc set up in Evolution
triggers the phones alarms correctly as well.

The gnome-phone-manager (SMS) works like a charm  :-)

Regards,

--
                                                 * |
                                                 | *
                                                 * |
Kolbjorn Bekkelund                               * |        ==|==
Technical Manager, ALOMAR Observatory            | *        |___|
Andoya Rocket Range                     ======================  |
  .-.    http://alomar.rocketrange.no    \  [] [] [] [] []  /   |  ----
  /v\    eMail: kobe at rocketrange.no       '----------------'----'--|  |
/(   )\  Using Linux for Science.....     | [   ]   | | [] |  |    |  |