[gnome-bluetooth] undefined symbol: hci_remote_name

Marcel Holtmann marcel at holtmann.org
Sun Jan 23 00:18:17 PST 2005

Hi Edd,

> > > Whoa, the API changed in a backward incompatible manner and you didn't
> > > bump the SONAME?
> >
> > actually I thought that these deprecated functions where nowhere in use,
> > but I was wrong as it seems. And because of this I saw no reason to bump
> > the SONAME. Should I re-introduce them in the next release or can you
> > simply fix the libbtctl.
>
> It would be best if you could reintroduce them.  I may not be the only
> person using those APIs, as I think I lifted the code from a previous
> version of hcitool.

must be really a previous version, because I had no problems when I
removed the functions. So this must be gone a very very very long time
ago. However the functions are back in the CVS and they will appear in
bluez-libs-2.15 again. Until this date you may wanna simple grab the
patch from CVS for the Debian package. Ohh and btw Debian Sid needs some
new BlueZ packages ;)

Regards

Marcel