[gnome-bluetooth] gnome phone manager and nokia 3650

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Mon Jan 31 15:15:52 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 15:02 +0000, Edd Dumbill wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-01-30 at 23:07 +0000, Alex Wastell wrote:
> > Has anyone had any success using gnome phone manager with the Nokia
> > 3650? all the elements of the bluetooth stack seem fine, I can use the
> > gnome obex server to send files to linux, and that works fine, the gnome
> > phone manager can see my phone and vice versa, and I can sned text
> > messages from gnome via my phone no problem. However it will not
> > display the alerts and allow me to read a sms when one comes in. The
> > phone is connected the whole time, with no problems that I can see.
> > Wondering whether it has anything to do with the 3650's symbian OS? I am
> > using ubuntu linux 4.10 (warty).
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >

> It's a known bug with the current GSM software, libgsm.
>
> There is currently no solution, sorry.

Here's the patch to make gnome-phone-manager use gnokii. Obviously, it
needs gnokii (and the devel bits) installed, only works with bluetooth,
and has the 6310i model hard-coded. There are also more hacks that need
to go away, but would need work at the gnokii level (switching drivers
on the fly, loading configuration files from memory, etc.).

I'm still waiting for Edd to let me know if he's okay to go down that
route :)

Cheers

PS: The patch might be a bit outdated compared to what I have on my
disk, replace the "6310i" string by a supported driver for your device
in libgsm/phonemgr-listener.c
---
Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>