[gnome-bluetooth] Re: 6230i & gnokii

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 09:02:55 BST 2005

Hi Matt,

CCing in the list so other people can make use of it or correct me for
any issues.

> I'm having the exact same problem you describe in
>         http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.gnokii/5989
> (gnome-obex-send also works for me)
>
> I notice at
>
> http://lists.gnomehack.com/pipermail/gnome-bluetooth/2005-July/000912.html
>
> ..that you got it to work. I'd like to restore my phonebook too; can you
> tell me what I need to do?

What Linux distro are you using? Are you using bluetooth? I think you
also need 0.6.8 for the 6230i support (I was using cvs).

My /etc/gnokiirc file is as follows (you need to change the port to
the one of your phone):
[global]
port = 00:11:22:33:44:55
model = 6510
initlength = default
connection = bluetooth
serial_baudrate = 19200
rfcomm_channel = 14
smsc_timeout = 10

[gnokiid]
bindir = /usr/sbin

[connect_script]
TELEPHONE = 12345678
[disconnect_script]

[logging]
debug = off
rlpdebug = off
xdebug = off

I also added the following entry to /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf (not
sure if its needed).
rfcomm0 {
        # Automatically bind the device at startup
        bind no;

        # Bluetooth address of the device
        device 00:11:22:33:44:55;

        # RFCOMM channel for the connection
        channel 14;

        # Description of the connection
        comment "Nokia 6230i";
}

I also uncommented the 'auth enable' config option in hcid.conf as
well as commenting out the dbus_pin_helper and uncommenting the pin
helper (was getting the problem of not being prompted for a pin).

>From there I think I ran gnokii --identify to test the link.

Lastly I used the following command to write out the phone book backup
from my previous phone.
gnokii --writephonebook -f -m ME -o -v < 6230i.vcd

You can also use this command to back it up.
gnokii --getphonebook ME 1 end -v > 6230i.vcd

Cheers,
Pete