[gnome-bluetooth] Starting to do some hacking

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Sat Jun 11 16:36:20 BST 2005

Hey Marc,

On Sat, 2005-06-04 at 14:43 +0100, Marc O'Morain wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am just finishing up in college this week, and I plan on doing some
> bluetooth hacking over the summer. I am running a stable Ubutnu Hoary
> system, and I want to start compiling and running gnome-bluetooth from
> CVS HEAD.
>
> What is the best way to get started? - If I use a build script like
> JHBuild will I have to build the whole gnome desktop, or I can I just
> build gnome-bluetooth and the associated libraries?

jhbuild will allow you to build only gnome-bluetooth and associated,
however, it will be problematic if you want to test some parts that
intergrate in the desktop, like the nautilus extension for example.
You're better off building the whole desktop (try GNOME 2.10, instead of
GNOME 2.12 if you're just getting started).

Cheers

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>