[gnome-bluetooth] compiling latest CVS

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Wed Jun 22 08:14:49 BST 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 23:14 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> > On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 11:40 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> > > Hi Bastien and All,
> > >
> > > Downloaded the latest cvs of gnome-bluetooth and gnome-phone-manager
> > > (I assume the cvs module for this is phonemgr as there is no
> > > gnome-phone-manager) and tried to compile them on FC4.
> > <snip>
> > > configure.in:40: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_ERROR
> >
> > I don't know how new your CVS is but the first AC_MSG_ERROR is actually
> > line 64. Try upgrading your gnome-common installation (from CVS) as well
> > (especially if you installed it from an outdated package).
>
> Checked out the cvs yesterday. I'm running gnome-common 2.8.0 from
> fedora extras for fc4. The first line with AC_MSG_ERROR that I can
> find is this one (which according to :set nu) is line 40. This is the
> same version that I see in
> http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-bluetooth/.
> GOB2_HOOK(2.0.0,[],[AC_MSG_ERROR([Cannot find GOB-2, install from
> http://www.5z.com/jirka/gob.html])])

Damn, gnome-bluetooth, not gnome-phone-manager ;)

> From what I can see in the cvs for gnome-common 2.8.0 is the latest
> version (from Sept 04) but I haven't tried the CVS version.

Install gnome-common from CVS, gnome-common 2.8.0 is *really* out of
date. And make sure you have gob2 installed (it's on the FC4 install
CDs).

Cheers

PS: I have an FC4 install, and with the right devel packages installed,
gnome-bluetooth CVS compiles fine.
---
Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>