[gnome-bluetooth] compiling latest CVS

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Wed Jun 22 15:27:13 BST 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 11:02 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> Hi Bastien,
> > Damn, gnome-bluetooth, not gnome-phone-manager ;)
>
> :-)
>
> > > From what I can see in the cvs for gnome-common 2.8.0 is the latest
> > > version (from Sept 04) but I haven't tried the CVS version.
> >
> > Install gnome-common from CVS, gnome-common 2.8.0 is *really* out of
> > date. And make sure you have gob2 installed (it's on the FC4 install
> > CDs).
>
> Looking better. Went through an installed/updated a number of packages
> (that upgrades for you not adding new packages!)
>
> Also fyi the configure.in script on line 44 checks for libbtctl  >=
> 0.4 and then on the next line checks for libbtctl >=0.5.0. In my
> autoconf lack of knowledge is there a reason why we're checking for
> the existance of the libraries twice? As far as I can see the second
> one is for python support but considering it bombs out on the previous
> line if the other 5 libaries aren't corrent wouldn't you just check
> for the pygtk2?

No, those are needed to link to the right libraries, and remove
duplicated library links in newer versions of pkg-config.

I've change the requirements to be matched in both cases though.

> > PS: I have an FC4 install, and with the right devel packages installed,
> > gnome-bluetooth CVS compiles fine.
>
> I figured it was something I was doing.

Good to know it's working now.

Cheers

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>
I can kiss a man hard and deep, but I don't want to scare him. -- Pam
Grier