[gnome-bluetooth] is obex ftp client supported?

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Mon Sep 5 18:41:26 BST 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-02 at 12:44 -0700, Phil K wrote:
> I have a BT 1.1 device that supports only K-12 (file
> transfer), server only, no client.  Can the Gnome BT
> subsystem communicate currently with such a device?
> The device does not support the K-11 (Object Push)
> profiles at all -- just file transfer server.  I would
> like to use the libbtctl library in a gtk+ context,
> but not within Gnome itself (irrelevant to my
> question).  I would need to use a file transfer client
> to traverse directories, get and put, etc., using
> libbtctl as the controlling/master device.  It's a
> mobile phone with FT server support only.

As far as I can see, only ObexPush is implemented in libbtctl, although
adding ObexFTP would be desirable (maemo.org has, or will have, can't
find links about it, a gnome-vfs obexftp scheme, so this might be easier
for you to integrate in your application).

Cheers

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>