[gnome-bluetooth] My Mac always complains when sending to gnome-obex-server.

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Sat Apr 15 23:46:18 BST 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-15 at 12:28 -0400, Jerry LeVan wrote:
> Every file I send from my mac via bluetooth to my
> linux box generates a warning on the mac side that
> says:
>
>    File type not accepted
>    The target device claims it will not accept a file of
>    the type your are trying to send.
>
> The mac offers to send the file anyway and the linux
> box ( running gnome-obex-server ) accepts the file
> just fine.
>
> Have I missed some kind of configuration detail...

It's possible that MacOS X has some sort of extension to the Obex
protocol, or uses something that we don't implement.

I don't have any Macs at hand, so I'll have to ask you to file a bug in
the GNOME bugzilla, and hopefully someone can test it, and fix it. Don't
forget to mention the version numbers for the Mac software you use.

Cheers

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>