[gnome-bluetooth] x64 port

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Tue Aug 22 22:02:42 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 22:48 +0200, Spino wrote:
> Hi!
>
> after dozens of problems while trying to use gnome-bluetooth on my
> former x86 Debian Etch (it never ran) I gave up and used
>
>       obexftp -b <device-id> -l  (directory listing)
>       obexftp -b <device-id> -c (change dir)
>       .
>       .
>       .
>
> now i've changed my former computer (piece of cr at p!) and got a brand
> new AMD Athlon 64-bits wonder... :)
>
>  after the "usual" problems when trying to find a distro for this kind
> of processor ...and after waiting for etch 64 to appear I've finally
> got it! :D
>
>   Linux uve 2.6.16-2-amd64-generic #1 Sun Jul 16 01:12:23 CEST 2006
> x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> now... I wonder... is there any gnome-bluetooth por to x86_64
> platforms?
>
> if so... could anyone tell me where to find packages?
>
> these repositories:
>
>   deb http://debian.usefulinc.com/gnome ./
>   deb-src http://debian.usefulinc.com/gnome ./
>
> are not working... (not for x64)

I don't think Edd still maintains those packages. See this discussion
for Debian packages:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-bluetooth-maintainers/2006-August/000483.html

I believe Ubuntu has those packages though, and Fedora certainly does.

Cheers

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>