[gnome-bluetooth] gnome-phone-manager and SE W800i

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Sat Feb 11 01:20:37 GMT 2006

Hello Anders,

On Sat, 2006-02-04 at 14:56 -0500, Anders Magnusson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a SonyEricsson W800i and I've managed to use gnome-phone-manager
> to send SMS messages. But I don't get the on-screen alert when a new SMS
> arrives.
>
> Is this a problem with my phone or is it just a configuration issue?

A couple of people have seen this problem. There are 2 sides to the
problem.

There's a way of solving this problem, until I have more time to dive
in:
- send yourself an SMS, and don't read it
- Setup gnokii[1], launch gnokii to try and get this SMS:
gnokii --getsms IN 1 end > smsbox
can you see it in the smsbox file?
If not (which is likely), then that means that it's in another inbox.
Try with ME, SM, and AR instead of IN
- if one of those works, change in libgsm/phonemgr-listener.c line 451:
                message->memory_type = GN_MT_IN;
by something like:
                message->memory_type = GN_MT_ME;

And test gnome-phone-manager again. If this works, or doesn't, please
file a bug in bugzilla.gnome.org

Cheers

[1]: Should as easy as putting those lines ~/.gnokiirc:
[global]
port = <bluetooth address>
model = AT
connection = bluetooth