[gnome-bluetooth] Re: gnome-bluetooth Digest, Vol 35, Issue 6

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Tue Jun 6 14:18:41 BST 2006

Sorry about the lag,

On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 13:05 -0400, Steven Belz wrote:
> 60% of the way there...
>
> Thank you for the information - I will be logging a bug with the
> Ubuntu package developers.  My compiled version seems to work much
> better.
>
> That said, the first time a device connects to the computer, a screen
> pops up asking if it OK for the device to connect (this even after
> setting /apps/gnome-obex-server/receive_notification to FALSE in
> GConf).
>
> Any ideas as to how I can either 1) bypass this dialogue box entirely,
> or 2) automatically script the equivalent of pressing the 'OK' button?

Obviously, you can select "Always accept files from this device" in the
dialogue. Otherwise, each device has its own GConf key to check whether
to accept all files. It's at "/system/bluetooth/device/<bluetooth
address>/permission".

We could have a setting to allow all devices, although I would guess it
would be a bad idea security-wise. Feel free to file a bug in the GNOME
bugzilla if you'd like that added.

Cheers

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>
If men don't wear skirts after this movie, we have failed.