[gnome-bluetooth] RE: change save DIR and auto accept (dam ripp)

Jerry LeVan jerry.levan at eku.edu
Thu Jun 22 17:53:49 BST 2006

Should not be that hard, here is what I have in my personal wiki:

My Home directory is getting cluttered so I decided to try to change
the directory ( default was my home directory) to the Desktop.

The meager readme offered

   * Save received files to the path specified in the
   /apps/gnome-obex-server/savedir GConf key

I eventually noticed that I had a .gconf directory in my home directory.

Following the models therein I

Created a directory named gnome-obex-server.
In that directory I created the file %gconf.xml
The file contents look like
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <gconf>
         <entry name="savedir" mtime="1144755883" type="string">
                 <stringvalue>/home/jerry/Desktop</stringvalue>
         </entry>
    </gconf>
I rebooted and did a transfer from the mac and the result was left on
my desktop.

Apr 15, 2006 gconf-editor

Today I took a closer look at the gnome configuration editor.

I found that simply creating a key would create the above XML file
and would allow me to set the value.

I also peered into the file /etc/gconf/schemas/gnome-obex-server and
saw that there was another key that could be created.

receive_notification
This key if true will pop up a notification dialog for incoming traffic.