[gnome-bluetooth] Cannot see my phone from PC

Chris Picton chrisp at tangent.co.za
Sat Jan 27 07:18:24 UTC 2007

Hi all

I have just installed gnome-bluetooth 0.8 on gentoo (0.7 had the same
problems).

I can successfully run 'hcitool scan' from a command line:

chrisp at bandersnatch ~ $ hcitool scan
Scanning ...
        00:12:47:10:CF:D5       Silly moo   <---My Phone
chrisp at bandersnatch ~ $

I can send files from my phone to the PC, running gnome-obex-server

I can't see my phone using any gnome-bluetooth tools on the PC, though.

When I run gnome-obex-send, and click refresh, I get no devices showing
up.

When I run gnome-phone-manager, and attempt to choose my bluetooth
connection, I also get no devices showing up.

Can anyone give me some hints?

Chris