[gnome-bluetooth] Cannot see my phone from PC

Julien Valroff julien at kirya.net
Sat Jan 27 07:25:31 UTC 2007

Hi,

Le samedi 27 janvier 2007 à 09:18 +0200, Chris Picton a écrit :

> I can't see my phone using any gnome-bluetooth tools on the PC,
> though.
>
> When I run gnome-obex-send, and click refresh, I get no devices
> showing
> up.

I have raised the same problem some time ago and got no answer from the
list. I hope someone will take this issue into account as it makes the
tool almost unusable.

I manage to reach the phone with gnome-obex-send thanks to the --dest
option (with the phone IP).
In your case, you can put a launcher on the GNOME desktop (or panel)
with the following command:
gnome-obex-send --dest=00:12:47:10:CF:D5

Of course, it doesn't allow me to use nautilus-sendto and its bluetooth
options, but I can at least upload files from the computer to the phone.

Cheers,
Julien