[gnome-bluetooth] Bluetooth with openSUSE 10.2 on FSC Amilo Si 1520 Notebook no go

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Tue Jul 10 23:03:24 BST 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-14 at 03:56 -0800, Casual Programmer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> for some time I am trying to get Bluetooth working on
> my Notebook under
> openSUSE 10.2.
>
> While I managed to set up and use a GPRS Modem with a
> Sony Ericsson
> W800i, I can not use any other service.
>
> The Gnome Bluetooth Manager applet shows a "Mode of
> Operation" setting
> which is set to "Other devices can connect" and unset
> for "Visible and
> connectable for other devices". These settings are
> greyed out and not
> accessible.

The applet is part of bluez-gnome, not gnome-bluetooth (I know we're
working on fixing that).

> When starting the Bluetooth file transfer ( open the
> file browser, right
> click on a file and select "send to" with the
> "Bluetooth (OBEX)" option
> enabled ) the W800i is not detected.

Try using a more recent version of nautilus-sendto, it should appear
then.

> When Bluetooth file transfer is enabled, the icon
> shows up in the task
> bar, yet the Notebook is not detected by the phone.

You need to make your computer discoverable, using the bluetooth applet
that's not part of gnome-bluetooth :)

Cheers

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>