[gnome-bluetooth] 2.6.21.4: general protection fault: 0000 [1]

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Tue Jul 10 23:07:37 BST 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 11:29 +0200, Leszek Koltunski wrote:
> Bastien,
>
> I know maybe it's not the best place to post this, but maybe you can at least
> point me at the right mailing list to report this. I know it is probably
> bug in the kernel, but they are ignoring it in lkml.org...
>
> While trying to copy a file from my cell phone to a ext3 partition over
> bluetooth ( with gnome-vfs-obexftp 0.2 using bluez-utils 3.7 ) I keep
> getting 'general protection faults' in my vanilla 2.6.21.4 kernel.
> It's fairly reproducible, i.e. I dont get it every single time i try
> copying a file, but after at most 5 minutes of browsing I always get it.
<snip>

This should be fixed in newer kernels. It was a refcounting problem in
the BlueZ stack.

2.6.22-rc3 and later have the fixes (maybe earlier ones too, but I saw
the exact same problem, and 2.6.22-rc3 fixed it). The bluez-users
mailing-list might be a better place to ask this sort of question in the
future, as Marcel, the BlueZ kernel maintainer hangs out there.

Cheers

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>