[gnome-bluetooth] libbtctl and gnome-bluetooth 0.9
hadess at hadess.net
Thu Jul 12 20:05:21 BST 2007
Quite a few fixes in those new versions. They're ABI compatible with
0.8.x, so if you package those for a distro, please make sure to
* What is it?
- libbtctl is a (deprecated) library for discovering Bluetooth devices,
and contains the backend for the Obex server and client
- gnome-bluetooth is a (deprecated) collection of widgets for use with
GNOME applications, and an Obex server and client applications
Those 2 libraries will soon be rendered useless by the advent of the
OpenObex D-Bus server (a Google Summer of Code project), and the move of
the applications and widgets into the bluez-gnome package.
* Changelog, short version:
- Discovering new devices works again
- Sending files to some device works for the first time (those devices
were waiting for a disconnect before handling the file, and we weren't
Full version in the ChangeLog and NEWS files in each package.
Tarballs are available at:
Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>
More information about the gnome-bluetooth