[gnome-bluetooth] PATCH interoperability issues because of no disconnect

Allen Hubbe allenbh at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 22:51:47 BST 2007

I have this symptom where I can send files from my phone just fine,
but I can't successfully receive them.  From a dump of the traffic, I
can see that the data is transferred successfully and the receiver
responds 200 (OK) in both directions.  The only difference I could see
is that my phone sends OBEX Disconnect before tearing down the link,
but my computer just tears down the link.

I attached a couple patches that I think fix this problem (not tested,
because I'm having a really hard time getting gnome-bluetooth to
build).  See attachments.

I'll describe the libbtctl patch first, since the gnome-bluetooth
patch doesn't make sense without it.  I added the
btctl_obex_client_disconnect function which causes an obex disconnect
request to be sent.  Also, I added a signal for handling the
disconnect response from the link partner.

The gnome-bluetooth patch doesn't call gtk_main_quit after the last
transfer, instead it calls the new btctl_obex_client_disconnect
function.  gtk_main_quit is moved to a callback, called when the
disconnect response is received.

Not sure if my previous email got through, sorry if I am repeating myself.

Allen