[gnome-bluetooth] bluetooth (gnome-obex-server) not working

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Fri Mar 23 15:47:04 UTC 2007

Hi

I previously posted this on the Fedora users list but wasn't able to
resolve the problem. I hope someone here will be able to point me in the
right direction.

I'd like to use bluetooth to receive files on my FC6 box from a mobile
handset.

I can send image files to a bluetooth printer from the handset, and that
works fine. I can send files from the FC6 box to the printer over
bluetooth (using gnome-obex-send), and that works fine. I can send files
to the handset from the FC6 box. Basic connectivity is working.

If I run a gnome-obex-server, I get an icon in the notification area,
and I can send from the handset, but no files arrive and it seems that
the connection is closed after a brief handshake. I see this on the term
I ran gnome-obex-server from:

conn_request:   bdaddr xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
conn_complete:  status 0x00

This used to work before FC6, but now it doesn't. Any ideas how to debug
this?

Thanks in advance,

-Cam

PS gnome-bluetooth-0.7.0-11.fc6