[gnome-bluetooth] Connect with gnome-phone-manager

Jacob Emcken jacob.emcken at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 15:07:32 BST 2007

Hi.

I have tried connecting my Nokia N73 with gonme-phone-manager through
bluetooth. I have paired the two devices successfully. But I cant see
a reason why gnome-phone-manager tries to connect to the phone
forever. This is how it looks when I start it from a terminal:

    je at rohan:~$ gnome-phone-manager
    ** Message: bdaddr 00:19:79:D2:6A:0F
    ** Message: New connection device is 00:19:79:D2:6A:0F (changed)
    ** Message: New connection device is 00:19:79:D2:6A:0F (not changed)
    ** Message: Connecting...
    ** Message: Status 1
    ** Message: Making serial port connection
    conn_complete:  status 0x00

Then it just hangs there (haven't waited for more than 15min)
The tooltip of the icon in the taskbar just says:

    Connecting to phone

This is my phone:

je at rohan:~$ hcitool scan
Scanning ...
        00:19:79:D2:6A:0F       Fangorn

Anyone know how I can debug this further or if my phone just isn't supported.
I have no problems transfering files via bluetooth both ways.

Kind regards
--Jacob