[gnome-bluetooth] Query in Bluetooth connection in Gnome and KDE.

Puneet Lakhina puneet.lakhina at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 16:14:36 BST 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 20:17, Subbiah Manikandan <mani.sam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Puneet,
>
> I tried using KBluetooth application to connect my bluetooth Headset. But my
> device is not detected.it not throwing error.
>
> Few days back i started one service (to start sdmp dbus,but i am not sure
> how i did it) and the device was detected.
> But now i installed the linux again. i forgot which service i started.
>
> Kindly help me out. Thanks

I dont know much about KBluetooth, and this mailing list is for
gnome-bluetooth not for KDE.
Anyways try out the following steps and report your problem with the
outcome of the following steps to either bluez mailing list or
kbluetooth related mailing list.

1. Ensure that your phone's bluetooth is switched on and has been
selected to be discoverable.
2. Run $ hcitool scan
and see if your phone is found

--